Saturday, January 31, 2009

Snow Days!

Oh, the life of a teacher in Ohio. I have thoroughly enjoyed my five day weekend with my husband and kiddos (will we make it six? just kidding). It's kind of funny to hear teachers talk, I really believe we enjoy these days just as much as the students. Well, maybe I should specify, high school students. I have a little guy here that was pretty upset he didn't have school on Thursday. His class was having a beach theme day and he was supposed to take in his swimming trunks and a beach towel. According to Dawson, he was going to be swimming at school. I'm not too sure about this, since his school doesn't have a pool. I really wish I would've recorded our conversation. I know that ten years from now he would never believe that he was sad to have a snow day. Oh, how things change! I think you would agree from the picture below that he still really enjoyed his snow day.

Snow Day Dawson!

I enjoy staying inside, making hot cocoa and hanging with Audrey while the boys are out to play.Audrey and I were not alone for long, as Lane didn't quite enjoy the snow as much as Dawson.

Not Snow Happy, Lane

Lane was happy to come back inside and play with all of the racecars in our house. This is really the only time he gets to play with them without a fight. A few months ago I had to explain to Dawson why I couldn't put Lane in a bouncy seat so he could play with his cars. Dawson goes to all extents to make sure Lane can't get to his cars during a "big race." He puts up gates and blockades. When those don't work he sits at the island in the kitchen. You can see why Lane was happy to be back inside.


Lane keeps us busy trying to figure out his own unique language. Oh, if he would just talk! It would be so much easier around here. He continues to speak "Chopnese" according to Dawson.

Audrey & Dawson


Loving her big brother!

Audrey has had a busy week. She's doing a few new things that we're excited about. She loves to yell, she has found her voice and wants everyone to know it. She is also rolling over! Yay, Audrey! I am working on getting my disk finalized so I can upload it on here for you to see. I think it's great that Audrey is rolling over, I'm not so sure she agrees. She really doesn't like being on her belly, so after she rolls over she uses that voice to let us know she's not enjoying tummy time one bit. This week was also another first for Audrey-her occupational therapy appointment, as suggested by the Neonatal follow-up clinic. The appointment went well, she actually seemed relaxed when the OT, Jeri, went through the exercises with her. I received homework and we've been working! Hopefully we'll get her in the shape to enjoy tummy time.


Well, like I said a few posts before...it was a fluke! Audrey and I haven't had another full night of sleep. So, I should probably finish up this post and get some sleep before Audrey's midnight snack. Pray for me, hoping to see this adorable sign on Audrey's door ringing true tonight (love it, thanks Deb)!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love these pictures! I wish it had snowed when I was home with the kids...although I think I would have been hanging out inside with you, Audrey and Lane.

Love you guys and miss you so much.

David and Angela Estes said...

Jenn, I was so excited to see all the updates on the fam!! I am WAY behind on mine :) Hopefully by Friday I'll have SOMETHING posted! Glad everyone seems to be doing so well (minus the getting up at night business)! Audrey looks absolutely WONDERFUL and I can't believe she weighs over 15 lbs. Good for her!! She's a truly beautiful girl and I love the pics of her and Dawson! Glad to see you've enjoyed the snow days :) Keeping your family in our prayers! Talk to ya soon!

Hummel Family said...

It was so nice to get caught back up with you and the family! I am glad to hear that you had some days off to enjoy precious moments with all of your kiddos. :) I love hearing stories of your two little boys. :) :) :) They seem to be quite the pair. What is the age difference again? I'm sure I can figure it out if I look back through your blog.

Title for your blog....hmmm...Iike them all....I really enjoy the title, Troyer Tales, because you already have shared so many "tales" with us and I am sure there will be plenty more to share down the road. :) I also like Treasured Troyer Moments. I can't wait to see what you decide.

Take care, my friend in Christ! :)

RHODA WEAVER said...

http://www.tangle.com/view_video.php?viewkey=ebebbc3ad98e25305abb

hi jenn, I dont know why but God wanted me to send this song to you, i think of you so much knowing you lost your angel daughter. I hope this song means as much to you as it did to me/ my family is going through real hurdles....and i often wonder .God where are you? so its touched me.
because of Jesus, Rhoda

RHODA WEAVER said...

SORRY THE SONG ISNT WORKIN..CAN I EMAIL IT TO YOU?..LET ME KNOW