Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Close to my heart...

I often think about the ladies walking into the Cincinnatti Fetal Care Center, I'm sure there are at least 2 there today. I pray for these ladies on a regular basis, pray that God will be with them as they get through such a difficult journey. My heart breaks for these ladies, just as it breaks for the lives inside them. I know they will soon hear the fate of their identical twins. Is surgery a possibility? Will they survive? Will they get to bring one baby home? Is it already too late and nothing can be done?

The day we walked into CFCC was one of the most difficult days in my life. A day that I was full of hope, but honestly scared to death. It was the beginning of an extremely painful and heartbreaking journey. I look at Audrey laying on the floor beside me and my heart breaks. It breaks because I love her so much and it breaks because I wish so bad that we would've been one of the families that got to bring home two healthy babies...Audrey and Olivia.

If you're reading my blog you probably know the story of Audrey and Olivia . This Sunday, December 7, is World TTTS Awareness Day and December is International TTTS awareness month. I will be donating to the TTTS Foundation every year on dates that will always be close to my heart. Please, if you are considering making a donation this time of year think about donating to the TTTS Foundation. Your generosity will enable this organization to continue their mission to help families try to save their babies and bring comfort to those experiencing devastating losses, special needs, and NICU struggles. All babies deserve a chance.

I feel very fortunate to have received the care that I did, my doctors who new they couldn't help me sent me to someone they thought could. Not all medical professionals do this. The TTTS foundation is an organization that is making a difference in the medical profession. They are getting crucial information regarding TTTS to medical professionals all over the world.

The TTTS Foundation website has a message board that has been a blessing to me throughout our journey. I had the support of other mothers who had been there and who were in the same position as me when my girls were diagnosed with TTTS. The ladies I have met on this board are still a part of my life. I receive so much support on the Bereavement-Loss of Your Twin Message Board. It is specifically for parents who have experienced twin to twin transfusion syndrome resulting in the loss of one of their twins or triplets. This board was created to comfort and help parents who know the pulling and tugging of your sorrow and joy. It is hard to explain the feelings associated with this disease. Truly only those who have been through it and have had the same outcome can understand the pain and joy that comes with it.

I am so thankful for this organization and for Mary Slaman-Forsythe the Founder and President. Please take the time to click on the link at the top of my site and check out what this organization is doing to save babies and the dreams of their mothers.

Love,
Jenn

No comments: