Thursday, May 1, 2008

Don't even look...

That was the motto for the day of the amnio reduction procedure...I did not want to even get a peak at the needle they were using to perform the procedure. .



I've heard all about them and knew I'd be better off not letting my curiousity get the best of me. So, as they prepared my bulging belly I turned my head the opposite direction and didn't look back until I knew it was over. There's just something about Dr. Gill praising me for doing well during the procedure, I felt like a kid again and tried not to say anything about the beads of sweat that were starting to develop on my forehead. I finally mentioned it when I seriously thought I could've passed out. Dr. Gill explained that I was having contractions from the needle and that everything was o.k. Man, did that cold washcloth ever help!



The doctor removed one liter of fluid from Baby B's sac and said both babies looked good. We are hoping to see that they evened out their amniotic fluid levels, we'd have to wait until Friday to find out if this procedure worked.





Dr. Gill provided many words of encouragement about our babies. He told us that he would do all he could to save both of them. It means so much to hear a doctor say this. We'll continue to pray and hope that this small procedure has big affects.

No comments: