Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!

Audrey's 1st Halloween!
When you're just 3 1/2 months old your first Halloween doesn't mean much. Audrey has spent the day doing what she usually does...eating and sleeping. Oh, and my new personal favorite...really focusing on me as I talk to her! I love how she looks up at me like she knows exactly what I'm saying to her and how much love is in my heart for her. Wouldn't it be great if we all focused on what someone is saying as much as newborns do? So, back to what I was saying...Your first Halloween doesn't mean much unless your mommy tries to dress you up as a...
cute little leopard

So, she didn't really like the outfit. It was just too cute and my mom and sister bought it for her. I would've felt bad not putting it on her for at least enough time to snap some pictures. So, I guess its a good thing that 3 1/2 month olds don't really remember their first Halloween.



Dawson & Lane-Pumpkin Cart
This is honestly the best picture I could get of my boys together. Lane wouldn't sit still and Dawson was still needing shade...you'll understand that in a minute. So much drama at our home! We had a fireman, a racecar driver, a cute little leopard and I'm sure an angel among them.




Fire Chief Dawson
Interesting background, right. You're probably wondering why Dawson is standing in front of our air conditioning unit instead of a cute Fall display. You know, the traditional pumpkins and cornstalks. Not today, Mr. Drama wouldn't have it. Have I ever told you how much Dawson acts like my sister? If I didn't give this child life, I would swear he belonged to Kendra. He's standing there because "the sun is too bright." But look, finally a smile! Oh, I love him, but that drama could go anyday. Dawson had a big day yesterday with his pre-school fall party and trick-or-treating with The Stanley Boys. He collected a ton of candy at both of these events, let's just say our dentist doesn't have to worry about job security. I have to admit, he's done really well savoring his candy. I think he's had about 3 pieces of his stash, it's his Daddy that can't seem to stay out of it :).

Future Racer!

I just love this picture of Lane. He reminds me of how serious my Dad and Lee look walking through the pits at the races...all business. Ok, well Lee's not always like that :) Lane is always moving and constantly into something. Not much luck of a still shot of him. He is at that fun age of exploration. He was so excited to go outside, he was a man on a mission. Forget taking his picture. He loves being outside...freedom to run and yell! I'm looking forward to next year when I can take this little guy trick-or-treating, I'm sure he felt like he got the raw end of the deal staying in with me and Audrey for the night.



Although everyone looks content (except leopard Audrey) in the pictures above we have all battled bad colds this week. Lane was the first to get it and we've all had a piece of it since then. He's been a tough little guy, as he has definitely had the worst of it. I have worried constantly about Audrey, she sleeps on my chest at night so she can breathe better. Her doctor keeps reassuring me that RSV season is not hear yet, she's just suffering through a cold. It's so different with a preemie, sometimes I feel like I've never been a mom before.

Hopefully this post finds you and your family happy and healthy! Have a great Halloween!

Love,
Jenn















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't understand all of this "drama" stuff and how that means Dawson is like me? ;) I just think he's like me because he's so darn cute! HA! I love your kids so much. You know that i would claim all of them if I could.

That is the best picture of Audrey I have seen. She is so alert and awake. And yes...Lane's serious face. I thought the same thing before I even read what you wrote!!! Fire Chief Dawson wouldn't be a very good fireman if he's worried about light and heat. Poor kid. Maybe he should go as a NASCAR PR rep. Cake job. I'll talk to him about it...

Love you guys and miss you more than you know. Only 4 weeks!!

David and Angela Estes said...

Jenn, SO glad to see you've updated you blog with pics and new about the family. I think about you often and wonder how Audrey is doing. Now I know! (kinda) :) Sorry you're going through the cold spell...Luke just started with a cough and runny nose the other day. Could be worse though. The clan looked so cute for Halloween...even mad leopard Audrey. Luke went as a dinosaur (pictures on my blog) and had a great time. I can't believe he'll be 2 the end of Jan. Our cruise by the way went well. We ended up NOT making the video for Luke, thinking it would do him more harm than good to see our faces every day but to not have us there. So we decided against it. He came away from the experience just fine...no residual effects or trauma :) Ever since you left, we've still been incredibly busy in the NICU. We were up to 32 babies at one time and although we went down for a brief minute (2 or 3 days...) We are back up to 27 with a bunch of little little ones. Anyhow, just wanted you to know I'm thinking about you and keeping your family in my prayers!
Love, Angela