Monday, August 25, 2008

Eviction Notice Posted!




Audrey received her eviction notice today! She has to be out no later than Wednesday, August 27. She has been such a big girl over the past 48 hours. Audrey has kept her temperature right at 36.5 Celsius and has been able to remain in her open crib. She is not only accepting her full feedings, but gladly takes more. Her weight gains continue to be steady, hence the willingness to eat more than necessary. Last but not least, she
has finally refrained from demanding oxygen. The oxygen was a big hurdle for her and the only potential obstacle in coming home. Tomorrow they will do blood tests to check her red blood cell count and to test how fast her body produces red blood cells. Since this determines the hemoglobin and oxygen in her body. As long as those numbers are high enough she should be sleeping in the comfort of her own pack 'n play tomorrow evening, right beside my bed.

I did not; however, say that I would be sleeping. Where Kevin wants her to be off everything before she leaves the NICU, I would like for her to continue on her monitor at least for the first couple of weeks. I understand his reasoning, she shouldn't come home if she needs to be on oxygen and monitors. My thoughts, bring her home on a monitor. The monitor will be able to wake us up in the middle of the night if her oxygen levels plummet. I really fear that I will not be able to sleep without a monitor. If I would happen to fall asleep I envision waking up in a panic that I actually drifted off. All of the moms reading this know exactly what I mean, now multiply that times 10. I cannot imagine anything happening to Audrey and I'll do everything in my power to keep her safe.

So, I ask you once again for your prayers this evening. Please pray that Audrey's blood work shows that she is ready to go home, pray for our safety on the road, and pray that Audrey will continue to get stronger in our care. Thank you so much, the power of prayer is amazing! I know that God doesn't answer all of our prayers (boy, do I ever), but I also know that He can. He doesn't make mistakes, even when we don't understand why our prayers may not be answered.

Hopefully my next post will be about our first days with Audrey home. Thank you for being a part of our story. Each of your prayers has made it what it is.


Much Love,
Jenn

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

PRAISE GOD!! EVERYTHING IS GOING TO WORK OUT. YOU ARE IN EVERY PRAYER! AND IF I DON'T MENTION THE NAMES IN OUR PRAYER JUST THAT WE LIFT THE ONES UP TO YOU LORD AND ASK FOR STRENGTH AND GUIDANCE MY GIRLS STOP ME RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE PRAYER AND SAY MOMMY YOU DIDN'T SAY "BABY AUDREY" AND I SAID WELL I DID PRAY FOR HER AND HER FAMILY JUST NOT WITH NAMES SO WE HAVE TO MAKE SURE GOD KNOWS IT'S THE TROYER FAMILY!! lol!!! I love you guys and God bless you in this journey ahead. Love, Deb

David and Angela Estes said...

Jenn,
I am so so sad that I will not be working today (Wed) if you are heading home with your precious girl. Oh how I would LOVE to watch you walk out the door with Audrey in tow! It's been a long and trying road that not many can fully understand, but we stand in awe of God's perfect plan. He has blessed your family with a BEAUTIFUL little girl. Thank you for allowing us to be part of your lives these past months and for taking us to a place deep in your hearts that was difficult yet joyous. As we came to know Audrey, we can feel as if we take a piece of Olivia with us as well. God Bless you as you venture into a life with 3 little ones. Please keep in touch and most certainly bring Audrey back to visit!! We will miss you but are so thankful you will be HOME!
Love, Angela Estes ><>

Anonymous said...

She is so beautiful! Congrats on your homecoming! I think of you guys a lot!
Beth Gallion